POSITION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, THE WOMEN’S EDGE FLORIDA
The Women’s Edge (TWE) is a non-profit organization devoted to advancing businesswomen in leadership positions — in short, we help women in business achieve greater success.
Our membership includes CEOs, corporate executives, entrepreneurs, directors of nonprofits, independent professionals, and the rising generation of leaders who are committed to building successful businesses, organizations, and careers. We provide a variety of opportunities to help women succeed on a personal and professional level while propelling their organizations forward.
POSITION OVERVIEW AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
TWE has enjoyed a long track record of success and market impact in New England and Florida and is well positioned for future growth. We are seeking a Chapter Leader who will be a change agent and work closely with all TWE staff to implement the growth strategy and business model.
The position will report directly to corporate leadership and work closely with the Florida Advisory Board. The Executive Director (ED) will bring energy, insight, solid contacts, and the executive presence and relationship skills to further develop chapter growth and strengthen the TWE brand. The ED will provide hands-on day-to-day chapter administrative and budget management, as well as meeting new business partner and sponsorship goals. We are seeking an executive who is strategic and visionary but is able to dive into the detail required to make things happen.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
I. Development: (80%)
a) Business Partner and Sponsor Development:
- Build new alliances and partnerships with corporations and other organizations, to TWE profile, increase impact, and grow revenues and profits.
- Maintain and expand relationships with current sponsors.
- Work with Advisory Board to identify and develop new sources of sponsors, membership and potential Board members.
- Identify and complete grant proposals specific to program needs.
b) Membership Development:
- Collaborate with other community organizations, Board and TWE members to increase visibility/partnership opportunities and increase membership.
- Develop and implement a membership marketing plan for current and new members to meet desired goals
- Assess member satisfaction through annual survey and personal outreach.
- Develop statewide expansion opportunities by connecting with key stakeholders.
c) Program Development:
- Coordinate all logistics for multiple annual Signature Events, including content, registration, sponsorship, and marketing.
- Oversee Strategies for Success leadership development program.
- Execute TWE’s annual Women’s Leadership Development Impact Study.
- Expand reach of Top Women-led businesses program across the state.
II. Administration (20%)
- Work with Florida Advisory Board members on business development, membership initiatives, strategy, and sponsorship.
- Work with staff to oversee preparation of all Board meeting materials.
- Manage day-to-day activities of staff members.
- Work in conjunction with TWE corporate (CFO) and Chapter Leadership to develop Florida budget.
- Provide financial updates to TWE corporate Board and FL Advisory Board on a regular basis.
- Oversee budget and any variances.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 7-10 years of entrepreneurial leadership experience in corporate or nonprofit environment
- Established network of contacts across statewide business community
- Development/fundraising/marketing background and track record
- Transformational and strategic thinker with tactical implementation
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree a plus
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal
- Must have proven collaborative style, and ability to bring people together and cultivate engagement to accomplish organization’s goals
- Must be very hands-on and self-motivated to take on tasks as needed to accomplish organizational goals
- MS Office Suite, database management, and budget management experience
- Ability to work independently and remotely
Compensation: Salary plus incentive and benefits commensurate with experience.
Please forward letter of interest and qualifications and CV to: