Extraordinary women advancing healthcare
Honoring remarkable leaders shaping
healthcare across Massachusetts
Extraordinary Women Advancing Healthcare (EWAH) Awards recognize ten outstanding individuals across the Commonwealth for their career achievements, with a focus on how they influence, innovate, and foster diversity through policy, practice and mentorship.
Each year, the Extraordinary Women Advancing Healthcare (EWAH) Awards recognize ten outstanding individuals across the Commonwealth for their career achievements, with a focus on how they influence, innovate, and foster diversity through policy, practice and mentorship.
- Demonstrates impact advancing healthcare
- Sponsors people and policies to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in the industry
- Showcases actions and leadership that result in measurable change and/or success
- Uses influence and organization’s processes to advance healthcare
- Inspires and lifts others to strive to improve healthcare
- Mentors others to advance women in healthcare
- Leads in diversity and inclusion improvements within their organization and the community
- Influences others in the larger community by words and actions
- Leads to drive changes, improvements, and/or new healthcare services
- Brings new ideas and thinking to enrich healthcare in the community
- Demonstrates a commitment to forward thinking projects and needs that will advance healthcare
Nominations for the 2023 EWAH Awards are open! The deadline to submit a nomination is May 15, 2023.
Endorsing Partners are member-based organizations spanning the healthcare community, who commit to sharing the EWAH nominations and awards with their members and networks. They are a key component of the outreach strategy to ensure that a diverse pool of nominations is received.
Learn More about becoming an EWAH Endorser.
2022 Extraordinary Women Advancing Healthcare in Massachusetts
CEO and Founder
Sr VP and Platform Evangelist
Sabrina A. Assoumou, MD MPH
Louis W. Sullivan, MD, Endowed Professor of Medicine and Attending Physician
Boston Medical Center/ Boston University School of Medicine
Sampurna Chatterjee, PhD, MBA
Director, Call2Talk; Vice President
Alexa B. Kimball, MD, MPH
CEO and President
Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Boston Community Pediatrics
Kimberly A. Truong
Chief Equity Officer
MGH Institute of Health Professions
Founder, President & CEO
Learn more about previous receipients of the Extraordinary Women Advancing Healthcare Awards.
Watch Previous Awards Events
Extraordinary Women Advancing Healthcare Awards 2021
Presented on September 30, 2021
Extraordinary Women Advancing Healthcare Awards 2020
Presented on September 24, 2020