To the TCI community:
Given the increased concern and area regulations around the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, and in response to the declaration of the national emergency, I wanted to reach out and let you know about some decisions we have made regarding upcoming TCI programs, events, and meetings.
We will, of course, continue to monitor both state and health official recommendations, and communicate with our members, sponsors, and program/event hosts to ensure safe programming and compliance.
We have consulted with a variety of businesses and organizations to determine how best to proceed with TCI programming, being mindful and respectful of our community members’ health and safety. Regarding our calendar of events, we have made the following decisions:
- The March 19th Board of Director’s Meeting will now be a conference call.
- Day 2 of the Spring 2020 Strategies for Success (March 25) will now be a virtual session.
- The Extraordinary Women Advancing Health Care Awards recognition dinner has been postponed to September 24. Location remains at The Bentley University Conference Center.
- The 15th Annual Top Women Awards Luncheon in South Florida has been postponed to September 09, 2020.
- All TCI forum members should contact their facilitators for the logins for their virtual sessions.
- TCI will be rolling out virtual programming for general members for March-May 2020.
- The upcoming In Conversation with Secretary Madeleine Albright has been postponed. We are working closely with her team and publisher to reschedule the program to later in 2020.
- TCI will be reviewing all events more than 4 weeks out on a rolling basis, including Days 3 and 4 of Strategies for Success.
- We are requesting that all TCI BOD committee meetings be conducted by phone.
We will continue to assess and monitor the COVID-19 situation. On behalf of TCI, I am committed to keeping you all updated on any program changes and/or postponements, and possible cancellation policies.
As always, I encourage you to reach out to me with any questions, AND ideas to enhance the TCI member experience!!! Please stay healthy!
Elizabeth L. Hailer
The Commonwealth Institute